Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Last week I went on interviews at 2 animal hospitals and today I got the call that I got the job at the one I really wanted! I am so excited! I am officially a vet tech again :) I was a vet tech in FL for 3 years and then became office manager at the animal hospital for the last 3 years I was there. I absolutely love this work! I love the interaction with the animals and the owners. I have to admit I am very happy about wearing scrubs and tennis shoes everyday! I know its weird, but I with my weight where it is I am not a fan of wearing heels everyday and getting dressed up. I think that once I lose more weight I will be more excited about dressing up. I am happy that I am moving forward with my new life!
Friday, March 4, 2011
- It's a bullet point kind of day
- I am still here and still in my funk.
- An update on the fires - they are under control.
- My dad and stepmom leave tomorrow morning for 4 days. I get the house to myself. I think we are all looking forward to this mini vacation.
- I am starting to see a counselor to deal with my issues. I internalize waaaaaay to much stuff and it's not healthy. I am so grateful to be able to talk to someone outside of my family about my problems.
- I feel like my life is in chaos and out of control still, but I am working on me. I will get it under control if it kills me.
- My dog, Gracie, is a huge faker for sympathy. She started limping yesterday and when I paid her some extra special attention without Moose around, it was like a Festivus Miracle...she could walk without a limp!
- I have become addicted to the show Criminal Minds...thanks mama.
- I am still thoroughly enjoying school. I am doing a lot better than I thought I would, but I also put a lot of pressure on myself.
- I am not losing weight like I want to, but I am also not gaining so I am not going to beat myself up over it. I am making the necessary changes and the scale will start moving down soon.
- I am completely annoyed with the commercials for The Foundation for a Better Life...have you seen those? They have a good message, but after I see it for the 874th time, it's annoying.
- I miss my family.
- My cat has started snoring. He sleeps in my room, most nights at the foot of my bed, and a couple weeks ago he started snoring. It's strange.
- I need (ok, mostly want) a new purse. Mine is like a black hole when I need to find something.