Saturday, May 15, 2010

Random

Hello Ladies!  (I don't think I have any guy followers)

I feel like a slacker blogger.  I just don't feel like my life has justifed a post lately, however that has changed today!! 

I have decided that since I am getting my boot off on Monday a few days is not going to hurt, so I have started walking on it.  I don't want to get it off on Monday and hobble along like a weirdo when I am down in FL.  Also, I want to walk on it so if I have any problems I can tell the Dr. on Monday.  At least that is my reasoning!   I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to be mobile again.  I know my husband loves not having to carry everything for me!!

I was able to get some free tickets to a golf tournament here in B'ham today.  My dad LOVES golf, so it was nice to be able for us to go.  I completely sunburnt my face and arms.  I put sunscreen on, but dang it was HOT.  It was fun and Dad had a great time, so that is what matters to me. 

After the golf tournament I wanted to stop by a new Target that opened up about 6 months ago.  They seem to have a larger clothes area than by the one where I live.  I am so glad we stopped!!  I am happy to tell you that I have dropped another pants size!!!  This little tidbit has made my weekend!!!  I found the cutest pair of capri's and a shirt.  Normally Target shirts do not fit me.  I carry a lot of my weight in the middle so I should say they fit but they look horrible.  But not today!! I found a cute little purple shirt and it fit nicely :)  Then we stopped by Kohl's and I found a great purse and some perfume on clearance.....score! 

We stopped by Lane Bryant so I could look at bras and maybe a dress for my brothers graduation.  I found the cutest dress, but I could not justify spending $50.00 on a dress that I would wear a few times and then be too big on me.  This leads me to an obstacle I am trying to overcome.  It has taken me a while to get the weight loss going, but right now it seems to be on a roll and I like it.  But when I was in Target and LB I automatically went for the size I was for a long time.  I am having a hard time getting my mind wrapped around the fact that I am shrinking.  I tried the dress on in LB and asked the girl who worked there her opinion (I was alone).  She said it was cute, but too big.  She got me the next size down and I immediately thought there was no way it was going to fit or look nice.  Sure enough I put it on and it fit like a glove.  I was amazed, but why?  I mean logic states that I lose 42 lbs (oh yeah, I weighed myself this afternoon and I have lost 2 more lbs....yea!!!)  and I will wear smaller clothes.  I am just having a hard time getting my mind around that.  Granted it's a good problem to have, but still. 

I can't wait until Tuesday, I fly down to FL and get to see my family.  I have not seen them since January...way to long!! 

3 comments:

  1. Of what fantastic NSV's...and 42 lbs is heaps so of course some smaller sizes will start to fit. Isn't it funny how we foreever see ourselves as big??? Good luck with the foot. I went for my first 15 min walk in about 10 mths...felt good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we all see ourselves as a bigger size than we are...I still do it after dropping over 4 sizes! I really do think it is a head thing trying to catch up with the body...you are doing fabulous and glad to hear you are you are up and about "walking"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. great nsv's and yay you for being mobile! glad you had a good time with your dad. i know it always warms my heart to go somewhere with my dad. i'm a daddy's girl through and through. that's time you'll never be able to replace. have a great time with your family in florida. take lots of pics of your hot skinny ass so we can see them when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete