Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inside my Head

So, I just read a post about talking to yourself inside your head and wow, I do that all the time.  I go inside my head more than I care to admit and beat myself up.  I put myself down about my appearance, and about why I don't think people like me.  Why do I do this?  It's crazy!  So much for not being a Debbie Downer!!  I really hope I am not coming off as some psycho, I assure I am not.  I am just being honest.  I have figured out that this is something I have done for as long as I can remember.  I was an only child for 10 years and was painfully shy.  To this day before I make any decision or have something important to think about I go inside my head and talk it out with myself.  The pros and cons, the repercussions of my decision.  Do other people do that?  I sure as hell hope so!!  I have also figured out that I did this alot in dealing with my parents divorce.  I would try and rationalize things myself instead of talking about it with someone.

In my weight loss journey I am really trying not just to conquer my weight problems but to also work through some things in my head.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I asked Heather last night about if she ever talked to herself the way I mentioned on my blog (and the way Portia did), she said NO! and she meant it...and I was like..."never"? And she said never.

    How can that be? Why do we do it. I want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do it, but I WISH I did (a little). I talk to everyone else.
    I'm not a deep thinker AT ALL, Draz. makes me do it sometimes and I kick and scream. It's not me.
    You can find me in la-la land.
    Love you Kimmie!!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete