Friday, March 5, 2010

Minnie Mouse

So with my job I am on the phone all the time with people across the country.  Today I was talking to a sweet lady in Oklahoma and this is how it went -

Me: Ok, well I will follow up with you next week on your outstanding agreements.  Please let me - what, oh ok...

Sweet OK Lady: Can I tell you something?

Me: Sure

SOL: You sound like Minnie Mouse!  You either sound like Minnie Mouse or a child

Me: Oh, well, um thanks

SOL: Do you mind me asking how old you are?

Me: No, not at all.  I am 29

SOL: WHAT?!  Really?!  I thought you were 18 or 19 maybe, I wasn't expecting 29.  Oh, I hope I didn't offend you

Me: No, it's ok.  The 18 ship has definitely sailed!  I get it all the time that I sound like a child on the phone, I have never heard Minnie Mouse before though!

It's true though, at least once a month when I answer the phone someone asks if they can talk to my mommy or daddy!  I don't think I have a child voice, but apparently when I am on the phone I do. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Me too!!!!!!!

    Though I have never been told I sound like Minnie.

    It does come in handy when you get telemarketers on the phone though (no sorry - my mum isn't here- lol):-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well on the bright side it's better to have a child's voice than being told you have a pensionner's voice... And Minnie Mouse is very glamourous afterall :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! At least you sound feminine! I sound more masculine as I have a lower voice!! This may be one reason that I have never tried to do a vlog! I hate the way my voice sounds.

    ReplyDelete