Saturday, April 10, 2010

Things I Haved Learned Living with a Cast

First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone for the comments on my post from yesterday.  You have no idea how it made me feel.  I logged on and just cried.  Thank you!!

*  It is an awesome weight loss tool in addition to my band.  Not being able to get my own food and drinks have definitely helped with the weight loss. 

*  I have an awesome family for getting said food and drinks for me. 

*  Showering/baths are interesting.  I decided that I would take a bath today.  I got into the tub with no mishaps, but getting out was interesting to say the least.  My husband got a huge laugh at me sitting in the tub not being able to get out and yelling at him for help!!

*  I have learned a TON about the Masters golf tournament.  We are staying at my dads right now and not being able to get around much leaves me stuck in the tv room and at the mercy of what dad wants to watch.  Don't get me wrong, I like watching golf with him, but I had no idea there was so much to learn!!

*  Casts are HOT.  Not in the hey baby, you're fine kind of hot, I am talking Africa hot.  I think I am going to invent a little fan you can hook on the top of your cast to blow air down in there.  Oh yea, also coat hangers do not make the best itch scratchers for down in there.  I tried that earlier today and just came out with some shredded up cotton.  I am going to have to think some more on that one!!

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. I hope you don't have to wear it too much longer. Although the extra weight loss is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. any hotter in my cast, you could cook things in it! ha!! you made me lol about the bath! feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Africa hot - too funny! And acky poo on the golf - I'd rather eat dirt - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh don't poke anything sharp down there. If you have to, use a blunt plastic thingy. You can get a cut easily with a hanger. We used to tell people to try pointing a hair dryer (on cool) down the inside of the cast.

    I would die having to watch golf all day. Just not my thing with the hushed voices and hitting that little ball. But at least it's time spent with your dad. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try a fly swatter that has the metal handle. It isn't poky, it is usually coated so it'll smoothly go down the cast, and it's long enough it should reach just about anywhere to scratch that allusive itch.

    ReplyDelete